Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dads: Useful guys. Not so heinous in hindsight.

If there's ever one thing I'm truly appreciative of my dad for is the fact that he made me self-sufficient.

I can fillet a fish.

I can paint a house.

I can mow the heck out of a lawn.

I'm not afraid of a chainsaw.

And most certainly, I can change a tire in record time. In record temps.

7 minutes flat. I timed myself. New tires are being installed on the G20 at this moment. They were shit when we got the car, now they're history. (OK the fact that that thing has only 4 lugs helped. But the fact that jacks now-a-days suck because they disassemble as you are cranking them...)

Yes. I remember being pissed off on certain Saturday mornings when I had to clean the basement, scrub the garage floor and rotate the tires...but on a morning like this, I'm grateful.

Thanks Dad.

No comments: